Monday, December 22, 2008

History and My Birthday

Randy, a fellow genea-blogger, is so creative with his ancestry challenges and games. His latest involves history and birthdays. My birthday is pretty easy because it's a holiday, Columbus Day. I've known for as long as I can remember.

1. What day of the week were you born? Sunday, October 12, 1969

2. What has happened in recorded history on your birthdate (month and day)? List 5 events.
I'm adding on a piece to this challenge.


3. Name 5 famous people that share your birthday.


1537 - King Edward VI of England (d. 1553)

1866 - Ramsay MacDonald, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1937)

1894 - Elisabeth of Romania, queen of Greece (d. 1956)

1920 - Christy Ring, Irish hurler (d. 1979)

1935 - Luciano Pavarotti, Italian tenor (d. 2007)


I'm a figure skater and have always been sad that my favorite skater died on my exact birthday.

1969 - Sonja Henie, Norwegian figure skater (b. 1912)


Once again Randy, this has been a great game. I did learn some interesting facts that were unknown to me.


Colleen at CMJ Office

CMJ Office is a certified and licensed virtual administrative business supporting business owners, bloggers, genealogy and history authors, speakers and researchers.

No comments: