Proofreading is essential in business. Your image and success depends on it. Remember, proofing materials don't only include brochures and the like. You need to proof your web site, blog and social networking sites. Online profiles are often overlooked. Don't let that happen to you. The first five tips are located in an earlier post.
Here are the final five proofreading tips:
6. Come to the table fresh. Do not start proofing your copy at midnight. Keep distractions to a minimum. Turn the TV, music, or cell phone off. Proofreading does require focus and concentration. Make sure your lighting is adequate. Dim and flickering lighting should be avoided.
7. Check formatting. Format errors are those little mistakes you find that involve fonts, spaces, extra tabs, page numbering, headers and footers, inactive links and the like. These errors can creep up on you.
8. Double check facts. Check important information within your copy. Make sure your information is the most current and accurate.
9. Read backwards. Reading backwards can help you focus on the words and not get distracted by meaning. Start from the last sentence and read until you reach your first sentence.
10. Tackle tables separately. Check your index or table of contents one by one to avoid missing typos in these vital areas.
These tips should help any business owner with their proofreading skills. It pays to use your time and energy wisely when proofing business material. If you don’t, you could be confronted with an embarrassing situation or a waste of money. Proofreading effectively can save your business image.
Have you ever embarrassed your business image with a proofreading error?
Colleen Degnan Johnson
Fantasy Face Painting
FINDMYPAST FRIDAY RELEASES FOR 23FEBRUARY 2018
20 hours ago